Tuesday, September 10, 2013

CASE Study: A little Hawaiian?

 Good evening crafty friends!

I'm popping in tonight to play along with the current CASE study Challenge. I couldn't help myself the uber talented Kathy Racoosin is the muse this month :) Not only is she one of the most talented people ever (EVER!) she is also a really sweet lady <3

As always Kathy's card is stunning!

I love this card, She has so many lovely layers. My take is a little more stripped down so it's more my style. I focused on my favorite things: the colors and the fabulous background. Here's what I came up with.


After I created my card base I used post it notes to mask where I wanted my flower background to end. I then masked and stamped several of the flower and leave from Hero Arts Layered Flowers. To create the background I masked all the flowers and leaves then blended on tumbled glass and broken china. I wanted to add a little something more to it so I stamped Hero Arts Lattice background in soft pool. After I removed all the masks I outlined the flowers and leaves with a copic marker. 

The flowers and leaves were colored with copics. As you can see I'm much more proficient in coloring with my distress inks than my copics :) I wish I could find a class around here to take! 

Once I was done coloring I used a black marker and a ruler to draw my  border. The sentiment is from Hero Arts Find Joy. This card makes me think of a Hawaiian wedding thank you. I really love Kathy's color combo!

Thanks for popping in! Hope you have a wonderful night :)

17 comments:

  1. The card is gorgeous. Love the colours and design and the wee bit of sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Love the glitter on the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantabulous card, love the bold colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this in the Flickr Hero Arts group and just had to stop by to tell you how amazingly GORGEOUS this is. Love your details and your colors - what amazing masking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this in the Flickr Hero Arts group and just had to stop by to tell you how amazingly GORGEOUS this is. Love your details and your colors - what amazing masking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. *Stunning*!!! I love your pattern - if only I were patient enough to mask. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Kelly, on the well-deserved win at Case study for this stunning card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Kelly! This is a true masterpiece, and your coloring seems perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Kelly! Your card is so vibrant. I just love it. Thanks for showing us your beautiful, well made card.
    marcia m

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your win! Beautiful card!,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful inspired card -- well done on your win over at CASE Study!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A worthy winner! Gorgeous colouring and wow that was some masking you did! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my!!! Kelly!!! Your card is a complete stunner and blows mine out of the water. Can't take my eyes off of it. Thanks for making me day! Hugs, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on winning--your card is a total show stopper. I love the contrast between the bright colors and the white topper.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW- wonderful card....love it.

    ReplyDelete